Who is a Self-Funded (self-paying) Student?

All students not receiving an Erasmus+ EMJMD scholarship within the CDE programme are considered as self-funded. This includes everyone either funding their own studies (self-payment through savings or work), getting financial assistance from family or friends, beneficiaries of scholarships other than E+ EMJMD, taking out a student loan, employer sponsorship, etc.

Self-funded (self-payment)

Admitted self-funded students have to pay the programme’s participation costs according to their nationality as outlined in EM CDE participation costs. Learn more on estimated monthly costs at each university in the Student Life section.

Participation costs payment and university admission (after successful selection)

COMPLETE the PLUS Application for Admission Master-Programme and upload it to ‘Mobility Online’, SEND a notification to msc-cde@sbg.ac.at, however do not send any documents with a postal service.

Download the student agreement, complete the missing data, sign it and upload it to Mobility Online.

Please follow the guidelines in the student agreement, p. 7.

COMPLETE the online PRE- REGISTRATION (starts at the beginning of July) following this link. Click on ‘First time registration’, register and stop this procedure when being asked to select an appointment date – by clicking on ‘Cancel’. Check also the Tutorial online pre-registration process and additional information on the PLUS website.

SEND a notification to msc-cde@sbg.ac.at, student admission will be finalized upon your arrival in Salzburg.

Visa, residence permit, health and accident insurance

Please note, in Austria, third countries student with admission to a university and staying for longer than 6 months need to apply for a residence permit student. See further information in the student handbook and in this checklist for a “Residence Permit Student – Student“.

The student life section and student handbook provide detailed information. Important notification: You are obliged to ensure a valid health and accident insurance during your stay/study in Austria, without a valid insurance, you cannot get the visa/residence permit card. Read the following information from OEAD; we recommend following insurance offers:

  • National Health Insurance: Gesundheitskasse (ÖGK) Austria, see requirements, does NOT cover your travel to Austria
  • Expat’ is compliant with Erasmus+ and national regulations (including special clauses for Austrian visa requirements) and covers all risks for students staying more than 6 months in Austria

latest update: May 28, 2020