Online Application Form Contents
- I apply for admission as (E+ Scholarship student, Self-funded student, combined)
- Personal Details
- Visa information
- Cover Letter mentioning (1) prior studies in the geospatial domain, (2) any experience in remote sensing and/or cartography, (3) your programming/software development experience, (4) prior or current geospatial project experiences and (5) any involvement in outreach and community services.
- Prior Academic Degree(s)
- Current Study (if applicable)
- Current or former Work Experience
- Geospatial Academic Expertise fulfilling requirements
- Language Proficiency
- E+ Scholarship Applicants
- Self-Funded Applicants: Statement of Financial Resources
- References (e.g. former teachers, able and willing to communicate in English).
- Personal Motivation Letter, in this letter, the candidate should explain how past experiences have prepared him/her for participation in the E+ Joint Master Programme, how this programme will improve his or her own career perspectives and will support personal ambitions and objectives. It should be specific!
- Attachments (see below)
- Declaration of Correctness and Understanding
- One more final question
Upload following Attachments:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), based on the English template from the Europass website, including a passport photo.
- Proof of identity and nationality (color scanned copy of the passport photo page).
- Proof of current residency, e.g. residential registration form (PRADO lists the documents that could serve as proof of legal residency).
- A copy of your academic degree awards, including diploma supplement, if available (plus certified translation where documents not issued in English).
- A copy of your transcript of studies (plus certified translation where documents not issued in English).
- Formal proof of English proficiency, C1 equivalence – see Europass CV, (and CEFR) if prior degree studies not entirely conducted in English language.
- Reference Letter 1 (optional), e.g. previous or current professors/teachers or employers.
- Reference Letter 2 (optional).
- Signed declaration.
ad 4) and 5) certified translation (after legalization)
Original foreign language documents (except for English-language documents) must be accompanied by certified English translations which were carried out by court-certified translators. Translators must attach the original documents to the translation so they cannot be separated. If the translation is not carried out in Austria, the translator must be authorised by the responsible Austrian Embassy.
Please note: You have to distinguish between legalization and translation of documents. We only accept documents in languages other than German if a certified interpreter (translator) has translated them.
‘In principle, the original document should show all required stamps of legalization before being subject to translation, so that the various stamps can also be translated.’ see guidelines: BMBWF | BMEIA | OEAD
Current students: application is possible as a Non-Scholarship Holder; provide your current transcript of records and an official confirmation of enrolment, including graduation date in the relevant upload section of the online form.
ad 6) Formal proof of English proficiency (updated requirements: December 4, 2018, see also ‘PLUS Mitteilungsblatt ‘MSc studies in English Language’)
Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting standardized English/instruction language test scores, if prior degree studies have not been entirely conducted in English language. ‘Completed Degree in English Language’: Certificate of completion of a study programme in English language (minimum four-semester study at a recognized post-secondary educational institution).
We accept a Certificate of Proficiency in English C1 or a higher level:
Cambridge Exams (Skala 0-230)
- C1 Advanced (=CAE): A, B, C or Cambridge English Scale Score ≥ 180
- C2 Proficiency (=CPE): passed or Cambridge English Scale Score ≥ 180
IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- IELTS Academic (Scale 1-9): ≥ 6,5
Pearson Test of English Academic
- PTE Academic (Scale 10-90): ≥ 76
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- TOEFL IBT (Scale 0-120): ≥ 95
- Advanced English III (Sprachenzentrum, Ziel C1): Gut oder Sehr Gut
- Advanced English IV (Sprachenzentrum, Ziel C1+): Bestanden
Completed Degree in English Language: Certificate of completion of at least four-semester study in English language at a recognized post-secondary educational institution.
C1: Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning. Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions. Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes. Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
latest update: January 3, 2019